At the Three Pomegrenates (At the Two Ostriches, On the Slit, At Adam and Eve) - Karlova Street 23/146, Old Town
Karlova Street 23/146, Old Town
This house was originally made of two older houses, joined together during a late Baroque reconstruction in 1784; origins of one of the houses date back to the Romanesque period, the other one has Gothic foundations, both of them were adapted in Renaissance style. Last major renovation took place in 1857 based on a plan by J. Maličký. In the cellars there are fragments of Romanesque walls, on the groundfloor there are Renaissance vaults. The memorial tablet reminds of V. Bayer who in 1837 donated this house to the poor people’s home at St. Bartolomew.